not all men
I swear to god if I see another “not all men are like that” post I will pull my hair out. Don’t like being generalized? Yeah well, women don’t like being shot. Stop fucking detailing the conversation and start doing something about the men who ARE like that you defensive turd.
all the best heroes are ordinary people who make themselves extraordinary
ICYMI: This hashtag is in response to the common statement that “Not All Men ________ (fill-in-the-blank) when conversations about misogyny happen.
men are violence against women, and when women point this out, they are threatened with more violence
women have died and all you have to say is not all men
all men are responsible. all men are necessary to dismantle sexism. all men have to check their thoughts and behaviors. all men should enter male spaces and speak up for the rights of women when their peers do not. ALL men. do not give me this “not all men” bullshit because if you are silent and only care about your feelings instead of fighting for women then you /are/ one of those men. saying “not all men” lets men think that they arent involved with the issue when they are
Based on this list See Sources below for more info. View pictures fullscreen to see captions
Lemme reblog again and let you know why casting that white woman as the female lead in “Drive” was so fucking wrong and fucked up.
Director literally gave her the part because she looked like someone he would want to protect (read: innocent, delicate, helpless).
These traits were ones he literally did not consider a Latina for. He picked her specifically because he fit that damsel in distress imagine that’s been coded as white (and what’s made women of color “unrapeable”).
Elliot Rodger killed 7 people in a drive-by shooting, vowing to “kill every blonde slut I see” because women rebuffed his advances and he’s still a virgin at age 22. This is what patriarchy looks like, this is what violence against women looks like, this is what…
i don’t know about you, but i grew up seeing mostly white dolls that looked nothing like me. in fact, even the few black dolls i saw looked nothing like me. they had super straight hair, and sometimes blue or green eyes. where was the barbie doll with brown eyes and beautiful curly, kinky hair?
well now, i found a DIY tutorial that allows you to make even the doll with the finest hair, look a little more like you.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- A doll
- End papers (sold at beauty supply shops)
- Pipe cleaners
- Boiling water
Note about end papers: If you start with a doll that has long hair and you plan to make a style similar to the style shown in my picture, you won’t need end papers, they’re optional. But if you start with a doll that has shorter hair and don’t plan to cut it any further, end papers will be essential.
1. Cut pipe cleaners into two-inch pieces and bend each one in half. They will look like little “V” shapes.
2. Section off a piece of hair and twist it into a tight spiral. The smaller the sections, the tighter the curls will be.
3. Wrap the spiral in an end paper (optional)
4. Place a pipe cleaner onto the scalp and pull the twisted section into the crook of the pipe cleaner. Be sure to keep the hair spiraled tightly as you zig-zag it.
5. When you finish zig-zagging each section, twist the pipe cleaner ends around each other to lock everything into place.
fully wrapped head
6. Once you have all the sections in pipe cleaners, dip the head in boiling water for the count of ten.
7. Wait for the head to cool – usually a few hours, but overnight is best. Rinse in cold water and place doll in freezer if you want to speed things up.
8. Take the pipe cleaners out.
9. If you have length to spare, trim each section to get rid of straight ends or strays.
feel free to leave it like this, or pick it out and make your doll’s fro as big as you desire. i don’t know about you, but i’m definitely going to be doing a few of these for my little cousin, who is currently very insecure about her own beautiful curly hair.
LGBT rights activism that ignores the fact that most victims of homophobia and transphobia are black and latino youth isn’t worth shit.
Four African teenage girls have invented a urine-powered generator. This is a huge accomplishment and could change life in remote areas all over the world.A Urine Powered Generator. An amazing accomplishment by four brilliant girls. The girls are are Duro-Aina Adebola (14), Akindele Abiola (14), Faleke Oluwatoyin (14) and Bello Eniola (15).
1 Liter of urine gives you 6 hours of electricity.
The system works like this:
- Urine is put into an electrolytic cell, which separates out the hydrogen.
- The hydrogen goes into a water filter for purification, which then gets pushed into the gas cylinder.
- The gas cylinder pushes hydrogen into a cylinder of liquid borax, which is used to remove the moisture from the hydrogen gas.
- This purified hydrogen gas is pushed into the generator.
This is amazing. Give them a billion dollars right now. They may have just saved the planet.
folks are doing a PISS poor job of reblogging this.
You go girls!